Tuesday, February 20, 2007

We went Hiking in Snow


We went Hiking in Snow, originally uploaded by vskiran.

Me and a good friend of mine went hiking up the Whiteface mountain in Adirondacks New York. The mountain is about 4900 Feet above sea level. The snow was just fantastic. This particular day the weather was extremely cold. I was told that the wind chill was about -30 to -40 degrees celcius at the top of the mountain. The good news was the sun, it was bright and the vistas were beautiful and clear. This is my first time hiking in dead winter at such temperatures. I dont think we were quite prepared for the extreme weather but our common sense did provide us with good guidance. We not only got to the top of the mountain, we are still in one piece. It was one fantastic hike. I have a lot to say but my finger tips are still sore from the trip and my body would love a nice knead. Fortunately I captured some nice pictures along my hike. More pictures and experiences to follow.

Yes, thats my friend in the picture. He kept hiking and I kept taking pictures on the way. We both hiked it at our own pace, taking breaks at every beautiful spot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kiran,

Beautiful and wonderful pictures Mannn!!! I absolutely agree that you are a great Photographer!!!!

Send me your contact info to resume in touch.

Goldmurugesan