Sunday, February 11, 2007

Living by the cold and icy river


Living by the cold and icy river, originally uploaded by vskiran.

Once again I braved myself in the cold weather to try some sunset pictures. This time I headed towards one of the beaches in New Jersey. Actually, I was trying to get to a lighthouse by the atlantic ocean. By the time got to the ocean front, it was fairly dark and quite cold (-10C/14F). I abandoned my search for the light house and decided to keep driving. The strip I was driving on happens to be sandwiched between this river and the atlantic ocean. There were many huge houses that were completely vacant along the way. I wonder if they are only used during summer for recreation purposes.

While driving, I spotted this icy river and a few bright lit houses by its side. I chose a long exposure to convey the feeling of the flowing river. One could see thick ice floating on the other side of the river. Also the little pieces of ice flowing in the river appear as blurred lines along the river. Once again its nice to have a sunset in the background.

No comments: