Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Cloud Splitter


Cloud Splitter, originally uploaded by vskiran.

This is the landing spot off the gondola at the top of little whiteface mountain. You could easily see why this place is called as the cloud splitter. It was quite an interesting moment. On this side of the mountain, the sky was a clear blue while the other side was quite hazy and dull.

It was so beautiful at this spot that I just kept clicking. When I got back to review my images, I kept wondering about the missing gondola in the shot. Then I realized that it's behind the fence. You could also see a bunch of skiiers checking out the trail map. It's so important to know the map. You dont want to end up infront of a double diamond trail when you are not yet ready for it. I hope to be good enouth to safely ride most slopes by next year :). But for now I stayed on the blue ones.

There was one surprise at this spot, my cell phone coverage was perfect. I wonder if there was a cell phone base station hanging around closeby.

No comments: