Friday, February 23, 2007

Lake Placid from Whiteface Mountain

I shot this while climbing the final steps to the whiteface summit. It was just a gorgeous view of lake placid from this vantage point. The lake itself was completley forzen. This lake is quite huge and has three islands in between it. Everytime I imagine this view, it fills my heart with awe and wonder. I cant wait to get here in summer.

Even though the sun was bright and it was a clear day, the view was quite hazy. The sun was located right above our head, making it difficult to make a picture with lot of detail. All I had to do was to pull out my polarizer out of my bag and slap it infront of my lens. But it never occured to me then. I was definitely overwhelmed by the beauty of the surroundings, my photographic instincts were definitely subdued a little bit. Further the extremely cold winds along with my frozen hands made my mind quite numb. At times I really had to tell myself to think. No wonder many people behave a little crazy when they try to climb peaks like the Mount everest. This hike has definitely taught me a lot about hiking in dead winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!