Monday, February 5, 2007

Let's go Home


Let's go Home, originally uploaded by vskiran.

I always seem to be surprised by the wide gamut of colors during sunset. This day was no different. It was about half hour after sunset and the sky was dramatically changing colors from orange to pink and then to blue. There wan't much time to work with as it turned pretty dark within 5 minutes after taking this shot.

It's sunset and it's time for the birds to go home. I was lucky to find a small flock of birds silhouetted against the beautiful sunset colors.

It was a cold day and I wasn't completely prepared for the wind ( wind chill -10C/14F). It's one thing to spend a few minutes outside in the cold and a completely different affair to spend an hour or two taking pictures. I was well covered with three layers of clothing but it's always the little things that bite you in the end. I chose a thin pair of hand gloves for ease of handling the camera controls. It turned out to be a bad idea. I had to split my time between taking pictures and staying in the car :). It was funny.. but I need to get a good pair of gloves that allow me to handle my camera controls easily. Nevertheless, I am very glad to have obtained this picture. Taking good pictures demands a lot of patience and sometimes you are rewarded too.

No comments: